Tapping screws are designed to cut their own hole as it is screwed into the materials. This creates a good snug fit between the mating threads and also allows the parts to be reassembled if necessary.The three basic types of tapping screws are Self-Tapping, Self-Drilling, and Self-Piercing.
- Self-Tapping: Cuts its own thread while being driven into the mating material. It makes a small hole while entering the material which creates a tight friction fit between the threads. This helps fight vibration loosening and allows the parts to be taken apart if needed. Mostly used in 1-2-layer thin gage sheet metal applications.
- Self-Drilling: A Self-Drilling Screw is a Self-Tapping Screw with the added feature of a drill point. The drill point looks a lot like the point of a drill. It will drill a hole and form the mating threads in one operation.
The drill point allows it to cut through thick and hard material without having to drill a pilot hole.
- Self-Piercing: This screw has the ability to pierce the material at sharp angles. Between 25 to 30 degrees at high speeds.
- Note: The Self-Tapping family of screws may cause chips of metal between the mating parts which limits their use in electrical, food and other applications.
- DIN7504 Series (N, P, K, L, Q)
JIS B 1124 - 2003
- FLAT COUNTERSUNK CSK HEAD TEK SCREWS
- ROUND HEAD TEK SCREWS
- PAN HEAD TEK SCREWS
- FILLISTER HEAD TEK SCREWS
- TRUSS HEAD TEK SCREWS
- Similar to sheet metal screws, but they have a drill-shaped point to cut through sheet metal or steel which eliminates the need for drilling a pilot hole. These self-drilling screws are designed for use in soft steel or other metals.Self-drilling screw points are numbered from 1 through 5, the larger the number, the thicker metal it can go through without a pilot hole.
- A 5 point can drill a 0.5 in (13 mm) of steel, for example.
- Self-Drilling Screws are also commonly called:
- • Tek Screws• Pro Points• Self Tapping Screws• Drill Bit Tip Screws
- LOW CARBON STEEL : C1006 - C1045
- STAINLESS STEEL: SUS304, SUS316, SUS410
- GRADE 8.8: C1018 - C1022, 10B21
- MILD STEEL / MID CARBON STEEL: C1035 - C1045
- ALLOY STEEL: SCM435 - SCM440 (Grade 10.9, Grade 12.9)
- │8│GRADE 1008K 1010
- 7 8 GRADE 1015(M<16) CH38F (M≥16)
- 8 10 GRADE CH38F 1039 10B21 10B33
- 9 12 GRADE 1039 10B21 10B33 10B38
- Material according to customer’s specifications
- FLAT HEAD TEK SCREWS = 6# X 3/8" - 10# X 3"
- ROUND HEAD OR PAN HEAD TEK SCREWS= 6# X 5/16" - 10# X 2"
- TRUSS HEAD TEK SCREWS = 8# X 1/2" - 8# X 2"
- TRUSS WASHER HEAD TEK SCREWS = 8# X 1/2" - 8# X 2"
- FILLISTER HEAD TEK SCREWS = 8# X 1/2" - 10# X 1-1/2"
SURFACE TREATMENT TYPES:
- PLAIN ; NON-PLATED
- HEAT TREATMENT
- ZINC PLATED – WHITE ZINC / YELLOW ZINC / BLACK ZINC
- Zinc trivalent coatings Cr3+ (Meet RoHS standards)
- Zinc hexavalent zinc plating Cr6+
- Nickel plating
- Black Oxide
- Black Phosphate
- Hot Dip Galvanised
- GEOMET® 500
- All electro-plating, electro-coating and surface treatment specifications can meet customer's requirements.